Hunting & Fishing
...throughout Ottawa County, Kansas
Fishing and Hunting in Ottawa County
A license is required for anyone age 16 to 65 to hunt or fish, even on private property. All non-residents, regardless of age, must purchase a non-resident license. Any person who has not been a legal resident of the state for 60 days is considered a non-resident.
Click Here for the latest caches in Ottawa County or to learn more about how this family-friendly search game can take you to our great outdoor spaces. (Signup may be required)
Also See: Hill Top Trap Range | Pipe Creek Guide Service
Purchase hunting or fishing licenses online, from:
- Locate | Ottawa County Lumber & Supply, 100 S Ottawa St., Minneapolis, KS
- Locate | Gene’s Heartland Foods, 218 W 3rd St., Minneapolis, KS
- Locate | 181 Ag Supply, 105 S Main St., Tescott, KS
- Locate | Casey’s General Store, 110 W 1st St., Minneapolis, KS
- Visit ksoutdoors.com, the Kansas Department of Wildlife & Parks' website, for additional outdoor sporting information including permits, maps, regulations, and more.
Ottawa County State Fishing Lake
- Locate | Website | Four miles north, one mile east of Bennington, KS, on K-106 Hwy
- One modern cabin for rent - Reserve Online with Kansas Wildlife Department
- No electricity or water, primitive camping & RV sites only
- Picnic tables, modern vault toilets and group shelters
- Weekly Fishing Report from the Kansas Dept. of Wildlife & Parks
- The “no-wake” boating rule makes this an ideal spot for fishing from your canoe or kayak or just paddling while enjoy the lake's beauty.
- 210 acres open to public hunting for Deer, turkey, quail, pheasant, squirrel, and rabbit
- Shotgun and archery only
Walk-In Access Hunting throughout Ottawa County, KS